Youville Centre is looking for a compassionate, engaged and motivated individual to join our Board of Directors
Do you believe that every child deserves a bright future? Do you feel strongly that young mothers deserve the tools and supports to achieve their dreams?
Youville Centre is looking for a compassionate, engaged and motivated individual to join our Board of Directors. This individual should be passionate about helping adolescent mothers and their children become self-sufficient and successful.
What we do
Through trauma-informed, holistic programs and services, Youville Centre helps our young moms work towards personal, academic and parenting goals in order to create a brighter future for themselves and their children.
Member at Large, Board of Directors
To act as a voting member of the Board of Directors. Directors also have the responsibility to develop policies for the operation of Youville Centre, to oversee Youville Centre’s financial health and sustainability, and to provide the Executive Director with the resources needed to best serve Youville Centre clients – young mothers and their children.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands and demonstrates a commitment to Youville Centre’s mission and programs
- Invests time to get to know other board and committee members to help build respectful working relationships that contribute to cooperation and connection
- Stays informed about committee matters and prepares for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports and other documentation required to actively participate in board meetings
- Participates in annual evaluation and planning efforts
- Participates in fundraising efforts for Youville Centre
- Understands and monitors Youville Centre’s financial activities
- Avoids any potential conflicts of interest
- Respects confidentiality, including board discussions
- Ensures Youville Centre is complying with all legal and regulatory requirements
Qualifications & Requirements
Directors will regularly attend board meetings, special events (annual Christmas luncheon, graduation ceremony and end of school year barbeque), and other activities, as needed, to the extent possible.
The Board meets once a month for approximately three hours. These meetings typically take place during the week between 5:30pm and 8:30pm. There is ample free parking on-site and light snacks and refreshments are provided.
Directors will contribute skills and knowledge by actively participating in meetings and committee work.
Experience or background in human resources, event planning, finance and accounting, or legal matters would be considered an asset.
Though it is not mandatory, we hope that directors will be moved to contribute financial support to help advance the important work taking place with two generations at Youville Centre (mothers and their kids).
Orientation & Training
Mandatory online training is provided for all directors (total time: 6 hours). This includes:
– AODA Customer service training
– Understanding Human Rights
– Occupational Health and Safety Awareness Training
– WHMIS 1988 Training
– WHMIS 2015 Training
– Workplace Violence training
– Workplace Violence and Harassment training
Director term is 2 years.
Please email email@example.com . Applications will be accepted until 9:00am, October 17, 2016. Candidates of interest will be contacted for an initial telephone interview, after which successful candidates will be contacted for a private in-person interview.