Are you a young mom?
Welcome to Youville Centre!
Si vous désirez recevoir ces services en français, référez-vous au lien ci-dessous: http://www.centrepsychosocial.ca/
Youville Centre clients are:
- young women between the ages of 14 to 21 years,
- are pregnant or are parenting young children between the ages of 2 months to 2.5 years, and
- interested in completing their high school education while receiving mental health and parenting support.
If you would like to complete your high school education in small classes while you parent your child and receive counselling support, we can help! Contact our Intake Coordinator at 613.864.6611 to get started or jump to our online enrollment form.
Why choose the Youville Centre?
The Youville Centre is committed to providing a wide range of services, including mental health counselling, to young mothers and their children while assisting mothers complete their high school education. We are a non-profit organization and all of our services are provided free of charge to Youville students.
Your child will have a place in our caring and professional child development program (child care). Staff members are knowledgeable Early Childhood Educators who are happy to answer any parenting questions and support you in your parenting journey.
As a Youville student, you will work with our teaching staff to create an Individual Education Plan (IEP) that will be tailored to your academic level, interests and plans for the future.
Youville Centre provides a variety of social services. Our on-site Mental Health and Addictions Counsellors and Student Support Workers will help you with life challenges that could possibly interfere with your personal, educational or parenting goals.
See the list below for just some of the additional services offered at our Centre:
- Food Bank
- On-site dental, family doctor, and sexual health clinics
- Support with legal issues such as child custody
- On-site support with Ontario Works/LEAP (Learning, Earning And Parenting Program)
- Housing support
- Breakfast and Lunch program
- Swap Shop (gently used clothing and household items)
- Youstore (new toys, clothing and hygiene products)
- Small group courses about topics including parenting, independent living, healthy relationships and transitioning to post-secondary.
How to get started:
We welcome new students throughout the school year.
Call or text our Intake Coordinator Christina at 613.864.6611 to set up a tour of the Centre. You may also use the easy contact form below. You will have an opportunity to meet our friendly staff, learn more about the Centre and our intake process and ask any questions that you may have. We hope to connect with you soon!
Or use this form to contact us. We respect your privacy.
Click below to read about
some of the other young moms who have attended Youville and what they are doing now: